• February 8, 2022 at 8:13 pm #4288
    Constantino GarayConstantino Garay
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I have two suggestions  or questions xP.  Do you think you can create the option to place the X Sheet up and bottom of the screen like today you can put it right and left of the screen? and,  can you to add an option to mirror the zoom movement to make it more familiar for the people that use other programs that use the mirrored mechanics that you placed in Animator Paper?

Thanks for work to create this software and good luck ;)…

Constantino.

February 8, 2022 at 9:30 pm #4289
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Constantino,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Even though many like the “traditional” way of having the X-sheet vertical as you did in the old analogue days, I do appreciate many  are used to horizontal timelines from other software and like that best. It would be totally doable to just have the exact same functionality of the AP X-sheet, but as a horizontal layout. At some point we will probably go ahead and have a user setting so you will be able to have it either way.

About zoom: When you zoom holding down Z and dragging, you can do it both left/right and up/down. I believe we have made it to what is considered “standard”. As far as I am aware, all other software, both 2D and 3D use right and/or down to zoom in (magnify) and left/up for zooming out. Also you can zoom using Ctrl on PC and the number keys (Cmd on Mac). Another way is to use ctrl + (plus) or ctrl – (minus) keys (on Mac it is Cmd + and Cmd -). In the latest version you can even use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom.

Could you be more specific on how you want it and maybe which programs you are used to that does it opposite of AP?

Thanks again for your time and nice words!

Best,
    Niels

February 9, 2022 at 7:17 pm #4290
    Constantino GarayConstantino Garay
    Participant

Hi Niels,

thanks for your answer.  The programs I use where the “zoom in” is “move up” and “zoom out” is “move down” are “Corel Painter”, “Opentoonz” and “Blender”.  Besides that, “Siemens Solid Edge” use the zoom like you have implemented in “Animation Paper” but, like I suggested, in the configuration you can select an option to invert the behaviour of the zoom to work with “zoom in” is “move up” and “zoom out” is “move down”.  I know my english is bad but I hope you will can understand the idea in my words.

Thanks for work in Animator Paper…
    Constantino

February 9, 2022 at 8:42 pm #4291
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

OK, I see. Thanks a lot Constantino. And by the way, I have no problem understanding – your english seems very good to me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.