• April 24, 2020 at 11:23 am #2583
    peter wassinkpeter wassink
    Participant

after entering the activation key,
    nothing happens.

in the bottom left of the registration panel, (next to ok and close)
    it says: “unable to connect to license server”
    when i click “ok” repeatedly this message changes into “checking activation key”
    see it checking it but it then goes back to “unable to connect to license server”.

what to do?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by peter wassink.
    April 24, 2020 at 12:03 pm #2589
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

This has happened before to another couple of people. I don’t know what is causing this, other than it seems like some glitch in the connection or something. Because if you try again after a little while it suddenly works.

So please try again. Let me know how it goes.

April 24, 2020 at 5:27 pm #2603
    Goran JanosevicGoran Janosevic
    Participant

Hi Niels! I´m facing the same issue like Peter…I simply cannot connect to the license server (even with the method you already suggested before). I waited like an hour or two after the first couple of failed attempts to get the connection to work but it still doesn´t work. Is there any other way to get around this? Thx for your help.

April 24, 2020 at 7:39 pm #2605
    Goran JanosevicGoran Janosevic
    Participant

Hi again Niels!

I finally managed to establish a connection! 🙂 I don´t know if this time it worked for no particular reason or if it was due to some changes I did in my firewall settings *hehe*. If any other forum member encounters the same problem and till yet couldn´t connect to the server it might be that the firewall of your anti-virus software on your pc – per default – blocks animationpaper from connecting with the server…so you might want to check this up.

April 24, 2020 at 9:53 pm #2611
    Keymaster

Thanks for this info Goran!

I does seem, though, like it will work if you just try again later without changing anything. This is strange, but that is how it has been for all the ones (6-8 people) I heard about having this problem. It sounds like some kind of glitch in the connection or something – maybe at our end.

We are looking into why this happens. But at least it seems to be possible to overcome for now with a little patience.

Cheers,
    Niels

April 27, 2020 at 5:33 pm #2695
    peter wassinkpeter wassink
    Participant

Thanks Niels… a subsequent later try also helped me with this issue. i just tried again and it worked in one go.

April 27, 2020 at 7:55 pm #2698
    Keymaster

Great to hear it worked, Peter – so far it has worked for everybody experiencing this to just try again later. Still we need to make Animation Paper not require this of course.

August 13, 2022 at 10:27 am #4936
    Aditya BedarkarAditya Bedarkar
    Participant

Hello I am Aditya,

I am also facing this problem can you pls help me to fix this problem

hope u will reply fast

August 14, 2022 at 10:13 pm #4940
    Keymaster

Hello Aditya! Sorry for not being so fast! 😉

As you might have seen above, I do not have an explanation as to why this happens for a few people. However, in all instances it has worked when people just try again. So can I get you to just try again? You don’t need to register – just paste your activation key into the box – hopefully it works now.

Please let me know how it went.

Thanks,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.