• December 13, 2022 at 2:51 pm #5191
    Dessie CaiDessie Cai
    Participant

I animated it in Animation paper but then rendered it in krita:

Jerry using his power – limited animation and style test – YouTube

When I put together the video I was very tired because I decided to rush myself for no reason, I think you can see it through my complaining, hopefully you can look over that.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Dessie Cai.
    December 13, 2022 at 4:00 pm #5195
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

That looks great Dessie! Thanks for showing it!

Nice work. I especially like the water swoosh thing 😉

After you have done some well earned recovering and relaxation 😉 – are you going to continue working on it or are you leaving it as it is? It would be interesting to see some breakdowns and inbetweening. But it depends on what you are aiming for of course – you do call it a test, which it is great for of course.

Anyway, thanks a lot!
    Niels

December 16, 2022 at 8:51 am #5208
    Dessie CaiDessie Cai
    Participant

Hey Niels,

This was more of a rendering test than an animation test, so I’ll most likely not return to it unfortunately.

With the comment on breakdowns and inbetweening though, I’m working on a bigger project (It’s only around 19 seconds long, but I am very new to animating things that aren’t 3 seconds long) and it made me add some and while it’s increased the time it takes to make it, definitely looks a lot better, so thanks. 😀

Bye, bye,

Dessie

December 16, 2022 at 9:17 am #5212
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Sounds great Dessie! Remember to work quickly (rough) in the beginning to first get the timing right – when satisfied – then do another pass on a layer on top, to refine your drawings (clean up). This way you don’t unintentionally use too much time on drawing details before you make sure you are actually going to use each drawing (you’re nailing your key poses and timing this way).

Good luck with it all!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.