• April 4, 2020 at 5:28 pm #1972
    Deif LouDeif Lou
    Participant

Hi.
    I’ve received the alpha email but i’m using manjaro (linux) and the downloads are for windows/mac only.
    Since I read in a comment you are using Qt, is there or will there be any possibility to get the alpha (or the full version when ready) for linux?
    Thanks for the hard work.

April 4, 2020 at 6:32 pm #1977
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

We will be supporting Linux for the finished 5.0 release for sure. That has been the plan all along. And therefore we need to, at some point during alpha stage, jump onto Linux. So yes! But it will be a few months before we get there probably.

April 4, 2020 at 10:26 pm #2024
    Deif LouDeif Lou
    Participant

Well. I just downloaded the alpha and installed and executed it via wine. It worked well on the first try and without any fancy wine stuff/configuration, just the bare bones installation. I will try the tablet monitor another day and tell you if it worked. It seems linux users will be able to try Animation Paper even before linux is supported.
    Here a screenshoot:
    https://i.postimg.cc/qqzyg0B2/animation-paper-wine.png

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Deif Lou.
    April 4, 2020 at 11:00 pm #2027
    Keymaster

Wow that’s great! The GUI looks very large here though. Or maybe you just made the window very small and cropped the screenshot? 🙂

April 5, 2020 at 12:04 am #2040
    Pedro AlcantaraPedro Alcantara
    Participant

Hoping there will be, some day, an Android version of Animation Paper! I have a Samsung S3 Tab, which is an amazing portable drawing device, with a wacom digitizer, and the S-pen runs smooth with 2048 levels of pressure… I draw using Sketchbook, and man, it rocks!

April 5, 2020 at 12:05 am #2042
    Deif LouDeif Lou
    Participant

I tried to send a reply but I think the the message get deleted because it contained an url (maybe thought it is spam). Anyway, if you can see it just delete this message.

April 5, 2020 at 8:42 am #2070
    Keymaster

Hi Deif – The only message I see here with a link is the one above from 10 hours ago. Could you try again?

April 5, 2020 at 10:27 am #2088
    Deif LouDeif Lou
    Participant

<Duplicate post, sorry>

April 5, 2020 at 10:30 am #2087
    Deif LouDeif Lou
    Participant

Hi. The deleted/filtered message was:
    “””
    Yeah, it is cropped. I think the size of the interface elements is ok. The problem is more the resolution of my laptop (1366×768). I have the text size and other elements of the windows and desktop sized a little down so they don’t take a lot of space. I think that is what makes the app look big. but it is ok even in this resolution because there are not a lot of elements in the interface and it doesn’t feel big. My tablet monitor is 1080p so it is more confortable to draw on because gui elements usually are smaller in proportion.
    Here is a fullscreen screenshot (scaled by that image sharing page to 1280×720):
    https://i.postimg.cc/J7y5BmPY/animation-paper-wine-02.png
    “””
    After the cited text I wrote a link to download the original image (without scaling), and I think the forum system filtered the message as spam because of that link (or something similar) and the post didn’t appear in the conversation once submited. Maybe the administrator has a way to check those messages and decide if they are spam or not before they get deleted. I say that because I thought there was an error on my part and submited the same message again but the system showed an info message saying that a post with the exact same content was already submited (kind of preventing duplicate posts).

Anyway, the link to download the original image was the one in the “download original image” button in this page:
    https://postimg.cc/s1rhkFF5

April 5, 2020 at 10:34 am #2092
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think you are right, it looked like I had to approve your comment. Anyway, thanks for showing the screenshot! Looks good!

January 25, 2022 at 8:45 pm #4274
    Keymaster

Hi Deif! Just wanted to give those who showed interest in the Linux version a heads up. We are working on the Linux version of Animation Paper as we speak. If you would like to test the very first internal version (probably limited and very buggy) the minute we have it ready, then please email me! My email is the one you got your activation key from.

I can’t say how long it will be, but we are definitely getting a lot closer! I need a few testers for the first very rough versions – before we do a real alpha release for Linux. That will probably be Alpha 6 or 7 together with Win and Mac versions.

Let me know! Thanks!
    Niels

March 16, 2022 at 11:37 am #4410
    Dina ZaritskaDina Zaritska
    Participant

Hello! I also use  Manjaro Linux, and I can help with testing linux version.
    If you interested, text me back here or my e-mail

March 16, 2022 at 7:45 pm #4415
    Keymaster

Hi Dina, sounds great! Thanks.

Actually we will be releasing Alpha 6 in only a couple (or few) days from now – this will include the Linux version for the very first time. So I believe you might as well just wait for that.

First I’ll post about it on the blog and then send out an email notice too. So keep an eye out for that.

I’ll look forward to your testing and feedback! Thanks a lot!

/Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags