• April 5, 2020 at 11:35 pm #2152
    Jacqueline ArozJacqueline Aroz
    Participant

Hello! I am using Animation Paper for the first time on Windows (I LOVE how intuitive it is so far) but am experiencing a problem that is stopping me from being able to animate completely.

I am following along with the tutorials and create new layers using N. I see the new layers being added on the window in the left, but the timeline on the bottom still shows (1) frame no matter how many new layers I create. I am unable to scrub through or playback the layers.

Anyone else experiencing this?

April 5, 2020 at 11:50 pm #2154
    Jacqueline ArozJacqueline Aroz
    Participant

Okay. I’m a moron.

Ctrl + down works for adding new layers (or hitting the + icon on the toolbar). The video tutorial could probably clarify that. At 2:00 he says to use N to add new layers. At 3:00 he adds layers but doesn’t say that he uses a different shortcut.

Glad it wasn’t a glitch! Looking forward to trying this program out further.

April 6, 2020 at 8:27 am #2170
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yeah, I agree it could be clearer. But I’m very glad you found out. Layers go horizontal in the X-Sheet – Drawings (Frames) go vertical. Drawings in sequence is what make the animation. But I know you get that 🙂

Anyway thanks for your messages!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags