September 19, 2022 at 5:18 pm #5004Joanna QuinnParticipant
I’m really enjoying using Animation Paper. Congratulations with it’s development and your hard work. I did some teaching in Istanbul last month and we used your software to test their paper animation. It was great to use as a teaching tool as I was talking about timing and punctuation in animation performance. I’m doing some teaching in Spain next month and will suggest we use it there too. Great for timing animation drawings whether drawn in the software or imported.
I do have some questions….
1. Do you plan to add more audio channels? I read in a previous topic what you say above about doing the sound editing with other software but it would be great to be able to have both dialogue and effects tracks that you could shift around and edit as you animate. This would just be great, especially for teaching.
2. Can you name the levels in the x-sheet?
3. Can you number the frames on the x-sheet?
4. Do you plan to make Animation Paper available on the ipad? This would certainly make it more attractive to students.
Thanks a lot Niels
JoannaSeptember 19, 2022 at 5:45 pm #5005Joanna QuinnParticipant
Der….. I’ve just renamed the layers in the x-sheet! Ignore that stupid questions.September 19, 2022 at 7:13 pm #5007NielsKeymaster
Thanks a lot for your nice words and for teaching using Animation Paper! That’s great. Here’s my answers…
1) Your point is noted. I do follow you. My hesitation is that if I add just a few more tracks, people will ask why the limit? The challenge is to keep AP simple – yet have all the features important to the pro animator. But the more tracks, the more we need other audio functionality as well. But maybe it can be done, keeping everything clean and simple. So I will definitely think more about it! Thank you for letting me know about what you need as a teacher. Appreciated.
2) Yes, as you found out – you can name the layers. 😉
3) Yes, you can use “annotations” to number your frames (as well as write notes to plan your animation, write phonemes or draw mouth shapes or timing charts). Just remember to link your drawings column to the annotations column, so you keep your numbers locked to your drawings.
4) Yes! We have been planning the iPad version all along. It will be done fairly shortly after the final release of the desktop version.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.