April 25, 2020 at 11:25 pm #2657
ilias boufidisilias boufidis
Participant

I see what you mean, and i understand it of course both as general practice and the complications you promptly thought of. But here’s some of my thoughts> I see clarity on the pixel level much beyond pixel art. (I consider pixels our art medium, the same way a sculptor sees stone), It allows one to make important decisions on line and overall resolution concepts and ultimately these affect a lot the way i animate. also, -in a sense- not being able to see my marks in their aliased situation cripples me in the head like if i’m forbidden to have a sharp enough pencil. i’m not talking about line thicknesses here i’m talking about the artistic process and the extent of artistic control afforded/allowed by the software. So if it takes a button option and software restart for the AA, and a snap to pixel grid for control of the brush for me to feel that if i want to i can work on my medium in it’s most honest form, i’d welcome it 🙂 also, all digital pictures are pixel art and you know it 😀 😀 😀 hahahaha nice talk 🙂