June 15, 2020 at 2:25 pm #2936
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your comments!

1) Actually you DO have flipping keys on the left of your keyboard: Q and W. Please check out the keyboard shortcuts here: https://animationpaper.com/animation-paper-keyboard-shortcuts-for-pc/

I am fully aware that many people want to do their own shortcut key bindings. That ability will come soon in one of the following alpha releases.

2) The blanks you are putting in between your drawings are considered originals too – meaning they are shown in the light table (only there’s no lines to show in your example). You would want to use “clone drawings” to have between your drawings instead. Much easier this way. You just drag down (or up again) on any original drawing to repeat it. That’s how you do timing in Animation Paper. Or you can use the Add Clone Drawing button instead of using the Add Blank Drawing button. When you do it like this – the lightable behaves just as you expected.

3) Yes, coloring features are still to come (soon in an alpha update).

4) If you draw, erase using erasers and draw again over and over and over – or if you use the lasso tool a lot, data builds up and things will ultimately get slow. The trick is to erase the whole paper using Clear Drawing instead. Draw roughly to get your animation right, then clean it up on a layer on top. You can repeat that many times if you want to do refining in several passes – no problem. But don’t be fudging your drawing too much. 🙂 (I’m not sure if that’s a term in actual english? I hope you get what I’m saying) 😉

Let me know if you have further comments!

Cheers,
Niels