May 17, 2021 at 10:40 pm #3637
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Hi JZS, thanks a lot for this list of yours. Appreciated. Editing a post several times should certainly be possible. It actually looks like you even did it yourself? Anyway, to your points… 🙂

Most of what you are saying I am already fully aware of. Much is on our todolist already.

As you probably know Animation Paper is in alpha, which means it is under development and is not a finished product. As you mention, stuff like all the paint features are not done yet and the menu items are therefore disabled (we decided to have them present, but greyed out, so people could see what is coming).

The tutorial videos are made for the alpha versions specifically. Only a few videos, meant as a brief overview. We will do completely new ones (more in-depth) before we are ready to release the final version.

In general we will rely on our audience having at least a basic knowledge about animation already (like common technical terms etc). You see, it is a balance. We don’t want to bore people who are actual animators. Animation Paper is a pro tool, that we hope is so natural and easy to use that even beginners can use it. But I do get what you are saying, and of course having videos that will help everyone would be great – so the solution, I think, will be that we generally require a certain basic knowledge – but then do some special tutorials for complete beginners, and maybe some for people coming from other software, like Photoshop or TVPaint or something – and then again, we could do special tutorials for advanced professionals wanting to quickly get to some specific detail on how to utilise a certain advanced feature. I think that would make sense.

About the Speed Dial. If you try to invoke it from the menu, it doesn’t make sense I agree. It is made to be activated using the shortcut key (holding S). Then it works – then it is a super fast and efficient way of activating your tools.

Your points are noted. Thanks a lot for taking time doing this. Let me know if you have further comments or questions! Thanks again.

Best,
Niels