January 11, 2022 at 10:16 pm #4228
Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
Keymaster

Funny, while reading through your post I was thinking maybe the off-pegs feature would be of help in your situation. And then you end with asking about it. 😉

Taking the frame off the pegs might help you – at least in some situations. It works like this:

On PC, hold down Alt and Ctrl (on Mac it’s Alt and Cmd) and then drag to move and rotate your frame to the place you want your subject to be in say, the next frame. Let go of the Alt and Ctrl keys – it will stay off pegs. Now go to the next frame and with back light on, you can now do the next drawing by tracing (or partly tracing) the previous (off-pegs) frame.

You can take as many drawings off the pegs as you want. Normally you will use this feature for doing difficult breakdowns in certain situations. Let’s say you have two key drawings that is far apart – I mean with much space between them. You want to do a breakdown in-between the two keys, but the light table isn’t of much help because the drawings before and after is not close to the spot you’re drawing your breakdown. So you take both key drawings off the pegs (one by one) and move them into the middle where your breakdown is going to be. Now you have good visual feedback from both key drawings and are better able to draw your in-between drawing more accurate.

Once you are finished, you need to pop your off pegs drawings back in place. This is done by again holding down Alt and Ctrl on the off pegs frame – and click the green button.

I hope this explanation is helpful.

And by the way – about your first question. We do plan to have an option for getting rid of the vector data, thus relying on the bitmap only. This will of course make you loose cool abilities like scaling up with no degradation or blurring, but on the other hand, make lassoing a gazillion times no problem. 😉

Cheers,
Niels