• April 9, 2020 at 9:31 am #2315
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

1) I think a crop tool like the one in PS would be very helpful.
    I drew a jump animation that was way too far to the right and I wanted to move everything to the left.
    So I opened the scene settings and i couldn’t extend only the right side of the image.
    Do you know how in PS you can choose a corner where u wanna extend from?
    This would be super handy.

2) A movable toolbar would be great.

3) Resizing the brush with alt-rightclick would be amazing! And please a very high limit for the size like in PS.

4) Speaking of shortcuts, customizable shortcuts like in Blender or in 3D-Coat would be awesome.

5) I am not sure if I just didn’t find it, but I wanted to move all the layers from different frames simultaneously but I couldn’t select multiple frames?

6) I couldn’t change the order of the layers within a frame.

7) Colorwheel needed (square and triangle).

8) Filltool in the toolbar needed.

9) I think it would make more sense to put the lighttable icon at the top bar and the other icons for the layers at the x-sheet interface.

10) for the future: Warp tool would be awesome.

I know that I am asking for a lot, but I am just so used to using Photoshop and the animation feature is just really bad.
    I own TV-Paint but it’s too different to Photoshop in many ways, which is why I am putting all my hopes into your program!
    I already used PAP4 10 years ago and loved it.

Good work altogether, I promoted your software on my stream today 😀

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Kuya Jaypi. Reason: Updated
    April 9, 2020 at 10:08 am #2317
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

11) Snapping of the rotation tool with shift to easily set it back.

12) Zoom with alt+ mouse scroll needed

April 9, 2020 at 10:51 am #2318
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

13) transparent pixels with a checkerboard
    My checkerboard looks like this for example:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/562695468057100323/697730114364112956/unknown.png
    it’s easy on the eyes

April 9, 2020 at 12:38 pm #2321
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thank you, Kuya, for this list. Very good points! And actually they are all on our todolist already! 🙂

Some of them, like the crop tool, will not be exactly like PS, but fitting Animation Papers other tools. The point is that you will get what you need – like moving/scaling multiple drawings at a time, etc.

April 9, 2020 at 12:41 pm #2322
    Keymaster

Your point 13 is on our list too! 🙂 You will be able to chose between light and dark checkers and in small and large size. Take a look in the disabled Paint menu – you can see them there (not implemented yet – coming soon).

April 9, 2020 at 12:54 pm #2323
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

awesome!!!

April 9, 2020 at 12:57 pm #2324
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

14) being able to draw outside the frame, just in case i need to animate something that has to do with zooming.

April 9, 2020 at 1:06 pm #2325
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

15) export to animated gif

April 10, 2020 at 1:02 am #2333
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

16) Pen Pressure option. Right now the tools feel too light with my standard wacom settings.
    I would need to adjust them for animation paper and then change them back when I work with other softwares.

April 11, 2020 at 5:07 am #2359
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

17) This is really just a nice-to-have,
    but I think adding different paper backgrounds would be amazing!
    I hate to look at a white screen, so having an optional kraft paper for instance would be great!

April 11, 2020 at 9:18 am #2366
    Keymaster

14) You can do this already (draw outside the frame). If you hit A you will see everything including what is outside the frame – and you will be able to move it into frame iff needed.

15) Sure. On our todo.

16) We are using the what we get from the Wacom with adjusted pressure curve. But if for some reason it feels different anyway, you can set your pressure sensitivity in Wacom settings on an app for app basis.

17) You could try importing a png or jpg – your paper texture. It will come in as a “reference layer”. You can then adjust the opacity of it at the bottom of the layer column in the x-sheet. Of course that doesn’t alter the texture of the pencil, but at least it takes away the super white background like you wanted. Would that work for you?

April 12, 2020 at 9:42 am #2398
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

Thanks Niels!
    17) Yes, this is basically what I would do. I just thought it would be a great in-built feature for other artists as well.

April 14, 2020 at 1:56 am #2450
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

I am a bit confused about the “draw outside the frame” feature. I drew outside the frame without seeing it, and then when I press A, it gets revealed until I continue drawing.
    Is there a way to see what I am drawing outside the frame, while I am drawing it?

April 14, 2020 at 12:23 pm #2455
    Keymaster

No, it is sort of hidden. Only way to see it is by, what you already do, hitting A (or you could lasso the area outside). Then you can move it into frame if needed.

April 19, 2020 at 9:58 am #2517
    Kuya JaypiKuya Jaypi
    Participant

oh okay, then that would be really nice feature!
    then you can draw the background in animationpaper without having to design it somewhere else in a high resolution.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags