• April 30, 2022 at 2:06 pm #4702
    7thartist7thartist
    Participant

Hello, and thank you for such a great program! A bug and some questions:

AP Alpha 6, Windows 10 21H2, 24gb RAM, Huion Kamvas 13 with driver version 15.5.2.418

I’ve been experiencing a bug where my drawing will not update until after I’ve lifted the pen from my screen. this happens after I flip using the Enter key. in order to get normal drawing behaviour back, I have to play the animation.

some questions:

Are all future updates going to be free, or will we have to pay for them?

Are there any plans for raster/bitmap manipulation/drawing (for example, i’d like to draw my  keys in Krita and then import to AP in order to animate there)? I think this would really lend itself to rough animation as the program wouldn’t have to deal with calculating so many vectors. This is not to put down AP’s engine; it’s actually fantastic and has a great feel.

Will we get brush stabilization (in the style of Krita, Blender grease pencil or Lazy Nezumi)?

Are perspective grids planned?

looking forward to your answers! thank you again for such a great program!

April 30, 2022 at 2:35 pm #4703
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks for you nice words and comments!

Yes, that’s a bug that unfortunately got introduced in Alpha 6. We are on it and plan to issue a quick update – because that thing is annoying! 😉

All future alpha and beta updates will be free. But when we reach the final, it will be $79 USD as a one time fee (no subscription). You will also be able to download a free trial that works fully for 14 days.

Manipulating raster layers (reference layers) are not decided yet. Our original plan was to only import raster into reference layers and then have the user refine those imported drawings on a normal layer on top. That’s why they are called reference layers. During animation you will normally redraw (refine) your drawings a few times anyway, right?

We do already have a clever stabilisation built in working at all times already. It is quite subtle though, but powerful. We are considering additional smoothing on top, but that’s undecided at the moment.

Perspective grids are on our todo list for future updates.

Best,
    Niels

May 3, 2022 at 8:53 pm #4720
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

… and here’s the update getting rid of that bug: https://animationpaper.com/2022/05/03/quick-update-alpha-6-1/

Thank you very much for reporting it 7thartist!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags