• April 11, 2020 at 5:55 pm #2374
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Hi folks

I only see a Frames option for exporting at present, so what software are you using to combine it into an animation?

FFMPEG and command line, MakeAVI or ….

THnaks

April 11, 2020 at 9:31 pm #2384
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mac or PC?

On Mac you can use Quicktime to make an image sequence into a .mov

April 12, 2020 at 10:06 am #2400
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Ah. I do have an older Mac, but am on a PC for the most part
    Might try QT on the older machine, has forgotten it can do that, thanks

April 12, 2020 at 2:50 pm #2403
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You do need QT Pro on the older Mac. The QT that comes with the computer doesn’t do it.
    On the latest OS QT does this.

April 12, 2020 at 3:08 pm #2406
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Cool. Thanks

Any windows users out there doing an export?

April 13, 2020 at 8:43 pm #2436
    June WrightJune Wright
    Participant

I only have the option to export to Frames as well. All the other options are greyed out so far (Windows).

April 13, 2020 at 10:01 pm #2438
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Yes, June, more export options will come soon. So far you can export as a sequence of png’s or jpg’s. but you can do it, so you keep information about timing with clones and layer info as well.

April 13, 2020 at 10:39 pm #2446
    June WrightJune Wright
    Participant

no worries…thanks!

April 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm #2458
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

I ended up using Krita (open source paint program) to combine the frames. Worked really well

April 14, 2020 at 1:34 pm #2460
    Keymaster

That’s cool Ross! Glad you found a good solution for now. 🙂

April 14, 2020 at 7:30 pm #2469
    randall Haginrandall Hagin
    Participant

I used blender 2.8 to put them together but it is a little painful. You have to go to the add tab above the timeline. Click image sequence select your folder and boom makes a video strip for you with all your timing golden. Then you just have to make it render in mpeg h2.68 I believe and you’ll have a crisp animation in no time.

Oh and you have to set it to the right frame size. It doesn’t understand it by time. I googled it and figured it out in 10mins.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by randall Hagin.
    April 14, 2020 at 7:34 pm #2472
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Thanks Randall – Seems pretty similar to Krita in the hoops you have to jump thru but nice to be able to see the video strip (that I haven’t worked out in Krita)

April 18, 2020 at 7:17 pm #2511
    Patrick NearyPatrick Neary
    Participant

Hi- You can import the png sequence directly into After Effects as an image sequence, with “force alphabetical order” checked. I tried opening in Photoshop (where I like to do the coloring) but photoshop won’t recognize the image sequence because of hold frames- the files are numbered sequentially, but hold frames have the word “hold” in the file name and that throws photoshop off. I was able to get around that by manually turning all the hold frames into originals before export from AP. It might be a nice feature in AP to have the option to convert all hold frames into originals with one command before exporting. Or maybe there’s another way around this I’m not seeing? At any rate, this program is GREAT and I look forward to more developments!!!

April 18, 2020 at 9:47 pm #2512
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick, you can use the option “Simple Unbroken Sequence (clone info lost)” to do exactly that.

Or you could just use “Exclude Clones” which skips the clones – i.e. makes “holes” in the numbered sequence. Some software will then fill the holes in with copies (like making the clones again). This is good for keeping track of what to color. No need to color the same drawing many times, just because it is repeated, if you see what I mean.

April 20, 2020 at 11:50 am #2526
    Ross JacksonRoss Jackson
    Participant

Or just (in Windows), Select all, Rename the first in sequence and it will rename all of the rest for you – you can even start them from a number, eg rename the first ‘Walk (23)’ and it will start from 23 to your final frame. This worked well for me to link to separate AP exports together and then render to one file – So it removes the ‘hold’ name, keeps the sequence and lets you join scenes up – Easier than it sounds honest 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.