• April 20, 2020 at 10:37 pm #2527
    Patrick NearyPatrick Neary
    Participant

Thanks! I did try “Simple Unbroken Sequence (clone info lost)” but still had some png files with “hold” in their file names, but then found that if I just added a new layer in the X-Sheet (with a blank frame- no drawing) and cloned that one frame all the way to the end, then selected all the clones and made them original, the export (combining all layers) had perfect sequential pngs for opening in photoshop. I also realize once more export options are added, this will all probably be a moot point! 🙂
    Thanks once again for a really great effort, even in this early stage this program is the best I’ve ever used for hand-drawn work.

April 21, 2020 at 7:48 am #2530
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot.

Yeah, sometimes “Simple Unbroken Sequence” produces the “hold” filenames. This is not supposed to happen – it is a bug that others have found too. It has been fixed and is included in Alpha 2 we release in a day or two.

April 21, 2020 at 10:18 pm #2538
    Barry ChernBarry Chern
    Participant

Is the version of Quicktime referred to in msg. 2403 only in the MOST recent operating system, or a number of fairly recent ones?

April 21, 2020 at 10:21 pm #2539
    Barry ChernBarry Chern
    Participant

I did try one of the several free Mac apps from the App store, PicGIF Lite, and it seems to be fulfilling basic needs.

April 28, 2020 at 9:12 am #2707
    Goran JanosevicGoran Janosevic
    Participant

Recently I found a tool which might be interesting regarding this matter. I didn´t test it yet but maybe it could be useful for combining frames.

Here is the link: https://kdenlive.org/en/2020/04/kdenlive-20-04-is-out/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

April 29, 2020 at 10:13 pm #2724
    Anonymous
    Inactive

To Barry:

They introduced the new QT version fairly recently. I think it was in High Sierra also.
    If you have Final Cut X you can also import the images. It’s just a lot simpler with QT.

UPDATE: Just checked. It looks like QT with image sequencer was introduced with Catalina.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.