• January 30, 2021 at 1:08 pm #3466
    Colby HarrisonColby Harrison
    Participant

I want to share my animation i made, but I can only save it as an .ap file. Do I have to get all my friends to download Animation Paper to share it with them?

January 30, 2021 at 7:35 pm #3468
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Exporting as a moviefile (MP4 or Quicktime Prores) will be implemented very soon.

But that doesn’t help you now of course. 😉

So you need to export as a sequence of png files (make sure “Simple Unbroken Sequence” is checked) and then you can use some other software that can convert your sequence of png’s to, say, an mp4. The mp4 format is excellent for sharing.

If you don’t mind using the terminal/shell, I can recommend using the command ffmpeg. You need to download and install it first. You get it for free here: https://ffmpeg.org

The command will look something like this:

ffmpeg -framerate 12 -start_number 1 -i /inputpath/basename.%04d.png -vcodec mpeg4 /outputpath/youranimation.mp4

ffmpeg has tons of options to explore. I’m thinking the above command is fairly self explanatory. Let me know if you need any help with it.

Best,
    Niels

January 30, 2021 at 8:13 pm #3469
    Keymaster

Hi again Colby,

I wanted to help you with a less technical way too. I just googled and tried this free open source software: https://www.openshot.org (for both Windows, Mac and Linux).

It lets you import your sequence of png’s and export as mp4.

I hope this, or the above, is of some use to you.

Best,
    Niels

January 30, 2021 at 10:52 pm #3470
    Colby HarrisonColby Harrison
    Participant

Hey there Niels, it worked perfect for me, thank you for the help

January 31, 2021 at 12:01 am #3471
    Keymaster

I’m glad! Thanks!

March 20, 2021 at 5:48 pm #3542
    Jo YipJo Yip
    Participant

Hi Niels,

When will the exporting to mp4 or Quicktime be implemented in AnimationPaper? I need to export the .ap files for my admission work to the art school, within two months.

I downloaded the Openshot software you suggested, but the only option in Openshot is to import the PNG files one frame at a time. Not workable. Can you help me out?

March 20, 2021 at 11:09 pm #3543
    Keymaster

You should be able to import as a sequence, not one frame at a time. Anyway, I am happy to help and convert your ap file to mp4 or Quicktime for you. You can email it to me or email a link for the file. My email address is the one you got your activation key from.

We are actually doing the mp4 and Quicktime Prores implementation as we speak. So it will be part of the next release (Alpha 4). It is not yet decided when that will be, because it depends on how much or how little we go for coloring wise.

Anyway, feel free to send me your ap file with a few words on how you want it converted.

Best,
    Niels

April 27, 2021 at 12:47 pm #3590
    yuri nazyuri naz
    Participant

Hello Niels,

When exporting frames theres a settings tab pop up. What options should I select where all the layers are merged?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by yuri naz.
    April 27, 2021 at 2:05 pm #3592
    Keymaster

It’s the “Combine Layers” that merges them. You can use these settings:

export options

Or maybe tick off “Include Alpha” if you just want to keep the white background.

Cheers,
    Niels

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Niels.
    April 27, 2021 at 4:30 pm #3594
    yuri nazyuri naz
    Participant

Thankyou Niels!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by yuri naz.
    May 26, 2021 at 9:26 am #3664
    Ussa GiUssa Gi
    Participant

Have a good luck! Me so glad to learn that alpha 4 nearly by release. There must be less of strange things to do for get any advice. Cheers!

May 26, 2021 at 8:08 pm #3666
    Keymaster

Thanks Ussa 🙂

July 6, 2021 at 2:02 pm #3766
    Keymaster

For those interested in exporting movie files from Animation Paper, here you go: https://animationpaper.com/2021/07/06/alpha-4-is-here/

July 6, 2021 at 6:01 pm #3773
    Darren SmithDarren Smith
    Participant

that’s really great!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.