• October 12, 2023 at 11:28 pm #6045
    Ezekiel MorrisEzekiel Morris
    Participant

Hi Neil,

I hope you are keeping yourself well.

I have a quick question about the Animation Paper Paint Menu, Is this ready to be used in the next alpha build or is it still in the process?

October 13, 2023 at 6:40 am #6046
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ezekiel,

Sorry, in the next alpha we have actually removed the paint menu, because it has been confusing people. (Understandably – They thought it wasn’t working for them somehow). So it will be hidden until we finish the paint features.

Since Alpha 5 the plan has been to first publish Animation Paper 5.0. (Which is very close now). Then, following close to immediately after, a free update to 5.1 – will include all the coloring features. This is the good and faster way forward.

Are you in need of coloring now? Because, you can easily do your coloring in other software, like Photoshop, Krita or any other paint package. You can export your animation as a sequence of png’s, with file name numbering, so holds and copies (clones) are recognised and you don’t need to color the same drawing twice. Also check out the OCA format (Open Cell Animation format), which is a way of exporting your whole project and import it to other software with all timing etc intact. More about OCA here: https://animationpaper.com/animation-paper-oca-export-for-pc/ (It works for both Mac and PC)

Best,
    Niels

October 13, 2023 at 10:29 am #6047
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me

At the moment, I’m in the middle of cleaning up the linework for my animation sequences.

I had a feeling that this paint feature wasn’t ready yet but no worries. I can’t wait to use this feature so I can teach people how to use this.

I knew that I had to use Photoshop or something else to paint my drawings but I will have a look at the link that you just sent me.

I can’t find a download link for OCA on their website 

We will catch up soon once the animation is completed, have a good day Niels, and keep up the good work. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ezekiel

October 13, 2023 at 1:27 pm #6050
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

I just tried following the link quickly, and must admit it is kind of confusing. I can’t find it either. I remember it was a little tricky to get to the right place, but it’s there somewhere. If all fails, I guess you can write the developer. I’m sorry I can’t help you any better right now.

October 13, 2023 at 1:40 pm #6052
    Participant

No worries Niels I have sent a message to the RX laboratory developer  so I’m just waiting for their reply

Thanks for the help 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.