• June 1, 2022 at 1:57 pm #4773
    Gabriel SilvaGabriel Silva
    Participant

1. When I try to install the x64 setup version, an error appears saying that it could not be installed. 2. When I try to extract the portable version, another series of errors appears saying that the file is corrupted. 3. the x86 version is the only one that installs but the lines are buggy, as if they were failing and the pixels on the line are buggy. If you can help me, I would be grateful, I really like this software.

June 1, 2022 at 2:43 pm #4774
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your post!

I am not sure what the problem is when installing. I checked and our download files are good.

I do think I know what the problem is with the lines though! Do they appear very blocky? With a noisy garbage “texture”?

Please email me (my email is the one you got your activation key from) – then I can get back to you with a few steps you must do. This should fix the blocky lines problem for you.

Thanks,
    Niels

August 11, 2022 at 5:02 am #4935
    Dean MarisDean Maris
    Participant

Hello. I have a problem with the activation key. it keeps saying “Unable to connect to license server.”

August 14, 2022 at 10:07 pm #4939
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Sorry for my delayed response!

This seems to happen for a few people once in a while. We do not find any problems with our server. So far, we have just asked people to try it again – and it has always worked by then. So, I will just ask you try again. šŸ˜‰ Let me know if you are still having any problems!

Best,
    Niels

May 25, 2023 at 9:01 am #5680
    Alessio ColiaAlessio Colia
    Participant

Hi everybody.

I downloaded the pre-release version and after I write the code, it says” unable to connect to the server”.

I alread read it’s a common issue, somebody solved it after several try, I tried it too but I’m still waiting to”connect to the server”.

Is there a solution?

May 25, 2023 at 11:50 am #5681
    Keymaster

Hi Alessio – Sorry for the trouble. It seems it normally always works if people just try again later. But if you already did that and it still doesn’t work, then maybe there’s something deeper we need to look into.

So I don’t have a solution right now – other than trying again. It normally just works – and our servers are online and seems fully functional. However, we will check everything and see if we can find anything odd at our end. I will get back to you here.

Thanks,
    Niels

May 25, 2023 at 1:06 pm #5682
    Keymaster

Hi again Alessio,

I’m back. Everything really looks perfectly fine here. I do not understand what causes your computer to not being able to connect. If you try again, please get back to me here to share the result. Either it connects or it doesn’t – either way, I want to know. šŸ˜‰

Thank you,
    Niels

May 26, 2023 at 7:56 am #5688
    Participant

Hi Niels,

thanks for replying. I tried again just one minute ago and unfortunately it’s always the same result, unable to connect to license server.

Here the screenshot about what it says.

May 26, 2023 at 1:27 pm #5689
    Keymaster

Thanks for the screenshot. I’m really sorry Alessio, I don’t understand what would cause this. I admit that something is going on. I’m glad this only happens to very few people, but still, there are people experiencing this – like you do.

I encourage you to keep trying again – you don’t need to register again, just launch AP and paste the activation key in to see if it accepts it. And please get back to me either way. If people do not return to me after I advice them to just try again – I tend to think their problem is solved. So I need to know if you keep getting the “unable to connect” error. Thank you.

I hope your situation can end up giving us a clue to what this is all about.

Cheers,
    Niels

May 26, 2023 at 5:08 pm #5691
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I’m still trying again and again.

I think I’m going to pass all my afternoon trying to make my license accepted.

May 27, 2023 at 7:46 am #5692
    Keymaster

Oh, sorry. Donā€™t do that šŸ˜‰ Could it be some high restrictions of a firewall or something at your end? Iā€™m lost I know šŸ™ Do you have other computers online by any chance? Just to test the connection from there and try to hopefully get some kind of clueā€¦

My goal is to try to reveal if thereā€™s anything we have missed on our end about the connections to/from our server. I shoot in the dark in the hopes something fundamental shows up – that we will then be able to improve.

Thanks for your time!

May 28, 2023 at 8:54 am #5693
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I tried on another computer, but it’s always the same.

May 28, 2023 at 11:33 am #5694
    Keymaster

OK thank you very much. So itā€™s apparently not something with your computer – rather than maybe something with your connection. Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s anything wrong with it, just something that makes it different and causes our server to not connect it for some weird reason.

Our server should of course work with everybody.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything else you can do. I will try to work more on itā€¦

May 28, 2023 at 1:29 pm #5695
    Participant

But why did you put this step on installing the software?

Why asking the license code for a free software?

I downloaded different free animation software to try and find the better one for me, and no one asked for a license.

I thought your software was the perfect mix between facility and powerful, but if I can’t even start to try it I should give up and look for another one.

I’m very soory, I’d like to use animation paper as my main animation software.

I will try from time to time to install it.

Let’s see soon again šŸ™‚

May 28, 2023 at 4:32 pm #5696
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I tryed to install AP on a computer of my friend, he has got windows 11 and…it worked!

I have windows 7, so the problem is the system version.

So, apologize for my last words, I was totally wrong.

Is there a previous version working on windows 7 of AP?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.