• April 26, 2023 at 10:40 am #5585
    Ezekiel MorrisEzekiel Morris
    Participant

Hey Niels and Jakob,

This animation software desperately needs auto-save | quicker load times and save times. It takes 20 minutes to save my file and a few minutes to load it.

On my laptop, it doesn’t seem to like saving big files and it crashes at 20%, on my main computer it saves the file but slows down the computer while saving but then everything runs smoothly once it’s finished saving.

I know you guys are working on it so hopefully, you will find a solution to have quicker load times and save time with files.

Carry on the good work you guys are awesome.

Many thanks,

Ezekiel

April 26, 2023 at 1:08 pm #5586
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Ezekiel,

There’s something wrong if it takes 20 minutes to save. That is definitely not normal. I suspect the overuse-of-lasso-problem, which makes the file explode (in size) if you keep using the lasso and ignoring the warning.

We do in fact have autosave done by now. Also we have finalised an great solution for the oversuse-of-lasso-problem. This is included in our next release (Alpha 8).

To clean up your file now, I recommend sticking to what the warning suggests. More about it here: https://animationpaper.com/forums/topic/software-consistently-crashing/

Thanks,
    Niels

April 26, 2023 at 6:32 pm #5587
    Participant

Thanks Niels,

I will do that I will have to trace over all the keyframe positions on a different layer so it saves the file normally.

I will let you know if it fixes the problem and I’m so glad that alpha 8 will have autosave and less lasso issue. 🙂

Cheers!

April 26, 2023 at 7:06 pm #5588
    Keymaster

Sounds good! Thanks!

May 4, 2023 at 10:50 am #5620
    Participant

Hello Niels,

Everything runs smoothly while saving and loading so it doesn’t slow down the computer.

I’ve traced over the keyframe positions and deleted the ones that were making my computer slow down. I will remind myself to use the lasso tool on a different layer and then delete the keyframe.

Many thanks,

Ezekiel

May 4, 2023 at 11:39 am #5621
    Keymaster

Sounds good Ezekiel! Thank for letting me know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.