• September 24, 2020 at 6:11 pm #3202
    Mário PeixotoMário Peixoto
    Participant

Hi Niels
    I downloaded alpha 3 and like in alpha 2 the drawing tools keep producing the same heavily pixilised lines just like happened then with alpha 2. I´m disappointed because it´s impossible to work with. Can you please fix this problem?
    Thanks.

September 24, 2020 at 9:06 pm #3203
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Sorry Mario. We haven’t been able to find the problem yet. Everything works perfectly on all our test computers. Of course we need to fix this problem anyway. All I’m saying is – it’s not easy. Hopefully we will have it fixed for alpha 4.

September 25, 2020 at 2:10 am #3206
    Participant

Hi Niels
    I understand. Thanks for your effort and concern.
    Mário Peixoto

October 24, 2020 at 7:08 pm #3274
    Luc AdriaensWaldo3D
    Participant

Same here
    Wacom Cintiq 21UX
    Windows10 64 bit
    Older laptop
    IntelCore i7 2640 2,8 Ghz 8 GB ram

October 25, 2020 at 11:38 am #3277
    Keymaster

Thanks Waldo3D! Very helpful.

October 25, 2020 at 5:57 pm #3278
    Luc AdriaensWaldo3D
    Participant

Works well on my other computer with the Wacom Cintiq 21UX:
    Windows10, 16 GB ram, AMD Ryzen 5 2600W 6 core 3.60Ghz
    64 bit

October 25, 2020 at 8:25 pm #3279
    Keymaster

Thanks!

November 3, 2020 at 12:06 am #3291
    Participant

Hi Niels
    Just to say that the problem I noticed before about the weird pixelised lines, when drawing in Alpha 2 and 3, must be due to my hardware, probably the graphic card (Radeon Direct X11). I downloaded Alpha 3 to my wife´s PC which is more recent than mine, running with a Nividia Geforce. The drawing tools of Alpha 3 worked just fine! So I have to think about an upgrade of my hardware. Meanwhile I have to keep a good relationship with my wife…..
    Mário Peixoto

November 5, 2020 at 10:01 am #3294
    Keymaster

Haha, yeah, that’s probably a good idea anyway 🙂

Thanks for this Mario. Like you indicate, this problem seems to only happen on a few specific older graphics cards. Great if you can get to borrow your wives computer – and upgrading your own is of course nice. But we want to fix this problem if at all possible, so it works on the most systems as possible of course.

Cheers,
    Niels

July 22, 2021 at 1:12 am #3791
    Participant

Hi Niels

I waited patiently all these months but when I downloaded Alpha 4 to my computer the “messy pencil lines” were still there and my wife does not want to exchange computers. I have no money to buy a new one. So please fix this problem on Alpha 4.

Cheers

Mário Peixoto

July 22, 2021 at 11:19 am #3793
    Keymaster

Yeah, I know. We have looked into it but haven’t found the reason it happens yet. We are not seeing the problem on any of your test systems, so it is not easy. We decided to release Alpha 4 before our holiday, to help people asking for the movie export options. I am very well aware of you and others waiting for a solution to this messy graphics problem. We hope to somehow find a solution soon.

July 24, 2021 at 7:16 am #3796

Hi Niels, I still have the same problem in Alpha 4. 

July 25, 2021 at 9:37 am #3798
    Keymaster

Yes, I know. Sorry Guillermo. We haven’t been able to locate the problem yet. More info in my post just above yours.

July 30, 2021 at 2:40 am #3799

Thank you Niels

November 23, 2021 at 8:34 pm #4097
    Keymaster

Hi guys!

I think I have good news! We believe we have fixed the messy blocky lines issue! Can I ask you to test this at your end?

Download and install this: https://animationpaper.com/files/Alpha5/AnimationPaper_x64.exe

Hopefully it just works for you now. Please let me know if the lines look fine now. Also if things run at a good speed, so drawing doesn’t feel slow or anything.

Thank you very much! I really hope we finally fixed this annoying problem for those of you who couldn’t ever get a smooth and nice looking line. Fingers crossed! Please let me know asap! 😉

Best,
    Niels

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.