March 5, 2023 at 4:04 am #5481
Gabriel GarciaGabriel Garcia
Participant

I’m using a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 with Windows 8.1 Pro. Also Animation Paper v5.0 Alpha 6.

So the software crashed after I used the cutter tool. Specifically when I used it to paste a piece of linework to another layer. At first I didn’t notice the fact that the layer I tried to paste the piece of linework onto was not visible. So understandably when I tapped to paste, it vanished. Upon trying to undo it with “Ctrl-Z” the software crashed. This happens everytime I try to paste something to a not visible layer, when I was testing it out.

I lost 2.5hrs worth of animation material due to this glitch, but it’s also my fault for not saving more often as well. So I was very pissed at myself and the software. So I stopped working on my project for the rest of the day to chill out. On my retry the next day, I experimented with it to figure out what had caused the glitch. I’m all good now but I do hope this gets resolved on the next update, goodluck and I still love Animation Paper despite this mishap.