• April 5, 2020 at 4:09 am #2053
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Hello,..first things first. THANKS for your hard work and dedication with Animation Paper!!!

Unfortunately, for me, right out of the gate I noticed that I could not get any pen pressure to be recognized. The settings for the pencil, pen and marker reflect min and max size adjustments but all I could get was one flat, consistent line width. Is this something related to a bug or is it a feature to be added later?

Thanks!

April 5, 2020 at 5:46 am #2056
    Rodney BakerRodney Baker
    Participant

Hi Todd,
    I had a similar issue but going into my pen’s settings (Wacom software) I adjusted the sensitivity and soon had the pressure over reacting greatly (too sensitive!). Toning that down (and setting up separate pen settings for use with Animation Paper… as opposed to other programs… has pen pressure working nicely.

I still don’t have the settings entirely optimized as I still haven’t got lines smoothness set to work well with my preferred speed of drawing but pen pressure isn’t an issue.

April 5, 2020 at 8:35 am #2067
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Thanks both of you! Todd, did you try updating your tablet drivers? Often it is about the drivers, when there’s no pressure sensitivity.

Please get back to me (us), to tell if it worked or not. We need to figure this out.

April 5, 2020 at 1:54 pm #2099
    Wilfred HildonenWilfred Hildonen
    Participant

How about using it with Sidecar ano iPad Pro? I think I have an old Wacom tablet buried somewhere but never got the hang of drawing on one surface and seeing the result elsewhere. It’s no problem to get Animation Paper to work with Sidecar, but no pen pressure, alas.

April 5, 2020 at 3:01 pm #2105
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Hmmm ok..so nothing worked. What a big bummer! (for me at least)

Wilfred: I know this seems hard to believe, but there are still some of us that do not use Apple hardware. I’m too invested in the Win PC arena and reinvesting in another OS seems over the top to accommodate one program. I use a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15″. I have 3 different Wacom pens that I use with it and have never had this issue with any of my other programs so this is a new one on me.

There really aren’t any Wacom settings to adjust ( It’s a Wacom enabled pen convertible laptop and the pressure always works beautifully with every art program I have ever used )but again,..I have never had to.

Hey,…it’s a price I must pay I guess for not being an Apple guy and I’m sure the vast majority will have no such issue after the official launch but I just wanted to report it in case a solution was possible.

For me though this is a huge problem as I cannot even get the line sizes to change, let alone the pressure widths. I’m not going to dwell on this though any further than this as I do not want to be THAT guy who rains on the parade here.

Apologies to Niels! The effort and work put into this program is INCREDIBLE!!!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Todd Dolce.
    April 5, 2020 at 3:09 pm #2107
    Pedro AlcantaraPedro Alcantara
    Participant

Guys, I use a Sony Vaio with N-trig digitizer (not Wacom), and Animation Paper didnt work at first. All I had to do was to install Wintab drivers.
    So, I believe that tt’s all about drivers. Just find and install the right, updated one (wacom, n-trig, wintab, whatever suits your rig).

April 5, 2020 at 3:16 pm #2109
    Keymaster

We’re not done Todd! We need to figure this out, so you can get up and running properly.

If your Wacom drivers are up to date, then try to see if Windows Ink is on for Animation Paper?

And Pedro is probably right about WinTab. Let us know if any of it works.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Niels.
    April 5, 2020 at 3:35 pm #2114
    Wilfred HildonenWilfred Hildonen
    Participant

Todd: it might come as a surprise but I have nothing against people using other hardware or software 🙂 Whatever works. My question didn’t have anything to do with that, but I just wondered whether there is a solution when it comes to pen pressure and Sidecar/iPad/Apple Pencil.
    The problem is mine, though, since I don’t handle this technique with drawing on a tablet and not seeing the result on it. And a Cintiq is a bit too expensive for me.
    Anyway, I’m very happy to have seen Niels’ project coming so far, because I’ve been looking forward to it for years now. And it looks really promising!

April 5, 2020 at 3:44 pm #2115
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

I will keep looking into this. Thanks for the support and tips to EVERYONE! Great support is already evident here!

April 5, 2020 at 3:55 pm #2116
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Neils,

I’d like to congratulate you for having this great 2d animation software. 🙂 Thank you so much for creating this. 🙂

Regarding this thread, unfortunately I’m having the same problem with the pen pressure. I also get just one flat stroke for the 3 drawing tools. I’m using Wacom Intuos Pro and Mac OS Mojave. I believe my Wacom driver is also updated. But I don’t know why the pen pressure isn’t working.

Looking forward to hearing your advise on this. Thank you so much!

Cheers!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Cher.
    April 5, 2020 at 4:13 pm #2119
    Keymaster

Hi Cher,

Try to see if this advice from Pedro works:

Pedros advice

April 5, 2020 at 4:17 pm #2120
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Neils,

Thanks for the link, but is the download only for windows? I’m on Mac.

April 5, 2020 at 4:27 pm #2122
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Well I just performed a Windows update and a Samsung Update as well…still no go! I have to let this go for a while. I will check back another day to see if any other solutions may present themselves. Thanks again. Amazing how such a seemingly simple feature is really not to be taken for granted. It’s NEW software as you said Neils, so patience needs to prevail here for me. I know it will get sorted out in the end. Everything is up to date on my device and all other programs that I employ have zero issues when it comes to line pressure. So who in the heck knows…LOL.

I use a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15 Model# NP940X5M. Windows Home is the OS.

Thanks again to everyone!

April 5, 2020 at 4:33 pm #2124
    Keymaster

Cher: Oh, sorry! Stupid me. You said you were on Mac 🙂

Could it be as simple as some wrong setting in Wacom settings? It sounds like it is behaving like a mouse. I get this problem my self from time to time (I have a Cintiq and I’m on Mac) – and then I need to turn off and on the Cintiq to make it work again.

Sorry for all the try this and try that. We need to lean what the right solutions are. 🙂 It’s all new to me. 🙂

April 5, 2020 at 4:37 pm #2127
    Keymaster

Cool Todd – and thanks for your patience.

But I didn’t get if you tried the Windows Ink or the WinTab recommendations? Important for me to know if you tried it and it didn’t work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.