• April 5, 2020 at 5:04 pm #2131
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Niels,

No worries. 🙂

I’ve tried checking my Wacom settings and everything seems to be looking good. I’ve tried drawing on Photoshop, Flipbook and Rough Animator and my pen pressure is working on all 3. I think that I also need to get used with the AP software. Perhaps it’s just also my settings with the Size and Opacity Sliders combination that affects my drawing strokes.

And don’t worry, there’s no harm in trying every solution.:) I really appreciate all the hard work that you put into making this software possible. Keep up the great work, Niels! 🙂

April 5, 2020 at 9:00 pm #2145
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Same problem here. No variable pressure.
    Mac desktop latest OS.
    Checked my Wacom setting and everything seems fine.

April 5, 2020 at 10:42 pm #2150
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Very strange! We’ll investigate – and maybe come back to you Alain with questions to try to figure this one out. Thanks!

April 6, 2020 at 3:26 am #2163
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

Tried both the Windows Ink and WinTab approach. No change.

Thanks,

Td

April 7, 2020 at 2:14 pm #2265
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Niels,

Just like to make an update. Pen Pressure is now working for me… however

However, I’m not sure why though, but the pen pressure isn’t consistent. Not sure too if it’s just a bug on Mac. At first, it works but if I get to another software then go back to AP, pen pressure isn’t working again. I had to draw several times or create a new scene hoping the pen pressure would work. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Positive side is, at least now there’s a time that it works, but downside is I can’t tell when.

Hope this update helps.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Cher.
    April 7, 2020 at 2:53 pm #2267
    Keymaster

OK, that must be annoying Cher! 🙁 If it is because of something in Animation Paper I don’t know. We’ll have to keep an eye out for it.

April 7, 2020 at 8:46 pm #2278
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Niels,

I just found a possible solution for now. 🙂 Every time I open AP (or switch to another software), I lose the pen pressure sensitivity, and like I said earlier, I needed to draw a lot and hoped that the pen pressure would work. It’s kinda random, unfortunately. But as I kept on testing AP, I found out that by adding a blank drawing would get the pen pressure to work, so whenever the pen pressure isn’t working, I just need to add blank drawing and pen pressure is back, working. It’s quite time consuming since I need to erase my previous drawing but for now I think it’s okay with me. I just need to get used to it while it’s still in Alpha test. Just wanted to relay my experience.

April 9, 2020 at 6:51 pm #2328
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried Cher’s workaround but it doesn’t work on my iMac.

April 10, 2020 at 3:30 pm #2347
    Cher PCher
    Participant

Hi Alain,

I’m on iMac OS Mojave, if this helps. Even up to now the pen pressure doesn’t work whenever I open AP, but by doing either “Add blank drawing” (Command + Arrow Down) or “Insert blank drawing” (Cmd + Arrow Up) makes the pen pressure to work. I’ve been getting used with this that before I start working, I draw a line first just to see the pen pressure (not working), so I’d delete that drawing, and just do this ‘technique’ (Add/Insert blank drawing for now), so that I don’t need to draw a lot just to make the pen pressure work.

As for the Wacom pen settings, if this helps also. I didn’t change anything specifically for AP, just the default setting.

Hope there’s another way that will work for you too.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Cher.
    April 11, 2020 at 1:57 am #2358
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just noticed that pen pressure works with marker and brush.
    Doesn’t work with pencil.

Mac desktop.

April 11, 2020 at 9:31 am #2368
    Keymaster

Hi Alain, that sounds very strange. Frankly it doesn’t make much sense that it would work with marker and brush but not with pencil. Are you sure it is not just a matter of how you set your pencil setting? The minimum and maximum values for the size and opacity should be away from each other to make pressure-change visible. If the min and max are close you will not get any variance in your line – even when pressure is on technically speaking. Sorry of this is obvious to you already. 🙂

April 11, 2020 at 6:23 pm #2377
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well guess what…Presure doesn’t work anymore.
    I have checked all my settings. I will look into this step by step and come back with more info.

UPDATE: Went into my Wacom settings. It was enabled for all Apps but I added Animation paper anyway.
    Quit all Apps.
    Restarted computer.
    Pen pressure works for all tools.

April 11, 2020 at 6:31 pm #2379
    Anonymous
    Inactive

UPDATE 2:
    I left AP to write the previous post.
    I didn’t quit AP. I went back into the app.
    Pressure doesn’t work anymore.

April 11, 2020 at 11:04 pm #2385
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

This is obviously a flaw in the program that I’m confident the team is working on. It is very odd but at least I know I’m not alone. (Although I’m a Windows user) Hopefully, the next version will have this weirdo bug addressed. It is all part of the Alpha testing.
    In my situation, I have yet to get the pressure to work so I have just worked around that and explored the other features to see how the program functions overall.

April 11, 2020 at 11:41 pm #2386
    Todd DolceTodd Dolce
    Participant

I did try something else that generated even stranger results. I do not ever use “touch” as I hate it,…but I figured I would enable it to see if that had any effect on the pen pressure issue. Not only did it not help,…it made AP absolutely useless. None of the drawing tools worked at all. NOTHING!!!! That was crazy. I disabled “touch” again and the drawing tools worked again as before…but again with no pressure. Oh well, I have tried everything so I will just see where the AP development goes and how it progresses.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.