We are through easter, chocolate eggs and two weeks with Alpha 1...
And WOW - your reception has been incredible!
Thank you for all your extraordinary positive comments and for your great feedback! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We have been busy implementing some of your excellent suggestions - so let's do a quick update next week already! This will be Alpha 2.
Also, welcome to all the new alpha testers who signed up after our Alpha 1 pre-release. You will be getting Alpha 2 as well. 🙂
New stuff coming up in Alpha 2 next week:
- Holding space-bar now has a combined Move/Rotate/Zoom tool.
- We have added numbers to the sliders when adjusting your draw and eraser tools (Size in px and Opacity in %).
- The button for "Beyond Last Drawing" was not shown in the longest layer = confusing. Changed it. Better now.
- The cross-hair cursor was quite subdued and hard to see. It's clearer now.
- When zooming with the keyboard (+/- or the number keys) it is now centering on your cursor position.
- You can now quickly toggle between A and B light table setting - using Shift Alt Space.
- When stamping your floating selection, you can now hold Shift to keep the selection.
- Mirroring buttons have been added to the floating selection interface.
- You can now do expert flipping using Q and W keys (alternative to arrow keys). Q and W flip back and forth between originals (skipping held clones). Holding Alt, Q and W will flip through everything (not skip). Hit Caps Lock (toggle Keys Only Mode) to make Q and W flip only between marked Key drawings. Or you can hold Shift temporarily while flipping for easy reach of your Keys.
- The cursor now better shows which X-Sheet mode you are in (Add Clones or Slide mode).
- The white "paper" background can now be changed to light grey, dark grey or black as well.
- A bug in the Export option "Simple Unbroken Sequence" is fixed.
- Some PC users couldn't run Animation Paper due to a missing DLL file. This is no longer needed.
- Also for PC users: In some cases Animation Paper could suddenly stop accepting your license. Now fixed. You might need to input your activation key again.
Some of you are reporting problems with pressure sensitivity not working. This seems to be for various reasons. We will need more time to find a good solution to these problems. Hopefully done in Alpha 3.
Look out for my email next week!