• October 28, 2020 at 7:47 pm #3282
    Anika DoodlesAnika Doodles
    Participant

Hi! I’m not sure if this counts as a bug or if I missed something, but when I upload an image sequence, it won’t let me draw on it. I was trying to find free software for animation and I came across your program, and it’s absolutely amazing! I was testing it out and the first thing I did when I opened my canvas was to upload my reference images. It worked perfectly but I can’t draw on these images I uploaded. I can still draw on other layers tho.

Thank you, Anika ^^

October 29, 2020 at 7:02 pm #3283
    Niels Krogh MortensenNiels
    Keymaster

Hi Anika!

This behaviour is on purpose. The layer that is generated when you import drawings, or any kind of images, is called a “reference layer”. It is not for drawing directly upon. To draw on top, you just add a new layer (press N) and then you can draw all you want.

Technically the reference- and drawing layers are very different. That is why they must be kept apart.

Cheers,
    Niels

November 2, 2020 at 8:39 pm #3290
    c sc s
    Participant

Hi! I just installed this software, looks promising. I am assuming I’m running on Alpha 3. My problem is that I can’t really seem to use the drawing tool. None of them, no settings help whatsoever. I am running on Windows7, I use a Wacom Cintiq 24pro. But what is odd I can’t draw by using the mouse as a tool either. I tried restarting my computer after installing to see if that fixed the problem, but sadly it didn’t. My setup consists of 3 screens (including the screen tablet).

I didn’t tinker with the tools/settings before trying, when looking at your tutorial you can draw from the get-go. I tried changing the settings after that. (Brush size, opacity, color modes on the layers, draw on another layer, draw on another frame…)
    No idea what is wrong here. My setup works with photoshop, flash, clip studio paint, paint tool sai, krita, browser programs and other things. Any idea what may be the problem? Thank you

November 5, 2020 at 10:19 am #3296
    Keymaster

Hi CS, that does indeed sound odd. Thanks for letting me know.

Could I get you to do a screenshot and either post it here or email it to me? I’m hoping I will be able to spot something out of the ordinary.

My email address is the one you got your activation key from.

Cheers,
    Niels

November 26, 2020 at 8:16 pm #3342

Hello,
    I found a bug! The application starts to freeze kind of, after I try to change the framerate! Cannot safe afterwards.
    I’m on 10.15.7 on a Macbook Pro 16″ late 2019 with an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB and 8 core Intel i9 2.4 Ghz

November 26, 2020 at 8:18 pm #3343

Found a way around it! It helps to open the project file from within the app! Everything works as usual now!

November 27, 2020 at 7:41 pm #3348
    Keymaster

Hi Karl, thanks very much for reporting this. When I try to recreate it here, I can’t seem to make it happen. Maybe I am missing a step or something? Would it be possible for you to write an even more detailed step by step description on how to get the bug to happen? And do you start with a new scene or with an already existing animation loaded?

If we could recreate the bug here, we have the best chances to fix it. Your help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Niels

February 26, 2021 at 2:12 am #3512
    Thomas FanousThomas Fanous
    Participant

The audio will not upload to program, and is stuck on import screen for audio. This is on PC windows 64. My audio is 7+ minutes, and it gets stuck on the upload screen for the whole time, I waited for around 10 minutes and nothing happened.

May 15, 2021 at 10:34 pm #3625
    Anonymous
    Inactive

the brushes are all the same blue glitch pattern and size, even when I try to change it. Ive tried different settings for each with no change, I believe it might be the newest windows update but I have nothing but a guess and an assumption.

May 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm #3626
    Keymaster

Oh, that sounds like a known issue that seems to happen with certain older graphics cards. We are not sure how we can fix it – but hope to find a way. What graphics card are you using?

May 17, 2021 at 11:29 am #3627
    Animation KingAnimation King
    Participant

It isn’t actually a bug. But it would be very nice if there was a portable version of the old PAP. So can you please make a portable version of the old PAP?

May 17, 2021 at 6:57 pm #3629
    Keymaster

Hi Animation King! What do you mean by “portable”? It is already for Windows, so do you mean port it to Mac?

That is in a way what we are already doing. Although we are making it much better and up to modern standards and conventions.

Can I ask, what is the reason you want the old PAP and not the new Animation Paper?

May 17, 2021 at 7:58 pm #3633
    Participant

Hey!

A portable version is just a zip file in windows explorer. So when I download it, it would be in a zip file. I would have to extend it and then I could open it. I wanted this because for some reason I can’t download eveything from the  internet. I would be really thankfull to have this app downloaded. It looks promising.

It can be the new animation paper too. But since it is in development, I thought that that would be a bit difficult.

May 17, 2021 at 10:52 pm #3639
    Keymaster

Oh, I see! 🙂 Thanks for explaining.

I would certainly recommend using the new version (Animation Paper) – even though it is still in development – because it is already SO MUCH better than the old PAP.

Making an alternative download package as a zip file is no problem at all. We might do that. Thanks for your suggestion!

And just for you, get it here from my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz60h02c0kab1s7/AnimationPaper_x64.exe.zip?dl=0

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Niels.
    May 17, 2021 at 11:09 pm #3643
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>sorry but this isn’t the thing:(</p>
    See, I have a laptop from school and they have limited acces to download apps from the internet. If we try to download, they ask for a password which we are not allowed to know. Right now, this is just the animation paper.exe put in a portable zip file.

So this is how most portable zip files look like. I think that there are some apps which can convert an .exe into a portable zip file. But if I do that it would be illegal, I think. Because I am not the owner of animation paper. So I think that you would have to make a portable zip file of it with a special app. One app I know about is Cameyo.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags